Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day 10: Patches

I just got a pink sweater for Christmas from Old Navy.
It looks like this


  only it's this color 


And I plan on doing this to it




Not permanently, just easy stitches around...or maybe I'll love it so much that I WILL keep it like that!  I'll see about putting pictures of it up...but isn't it a great idea?  Surprise, surprise, that the idea came from Country Living.


ALSO, I found this other post at Design Mom, but she found it at Susan Petersen's blog, Freshly Picked.  Enjoy!


Gold heart knee patches from Susan Petersen

FEBRUARY 4, 2011
The second Valentine’s Day project are these adorable heart leggings from the always creative Susan Petersen.
Still trying to figure out what your gold heart loving daughter is going to wear to her Valentines Day party? Don’t worry friends, I’ve got you covered.
Supplies needed:
Leggings, I got mine from Target for $3.50
Fabric paint, I used DecoArt So Soft metallic
Sponge brush,
Freezer Paper
Begin by cutting out two pieces of knee sized hearts from freezer paper.
With a hot iron, press the pieces onto the knees of the pants.

Paint the gold hearts, I used 2 coats of paint. Either wait for the coats to dry, or use a blow dryer to speed up the process. After the paint is dry, heat set the paint by placing a piece of fabric over the painted area + ironing on top of the fabric. Wait 48 hours to wash.
Aren’t these so fun? Check out more fun projects at Susan’s blog, Freshly Picked.

1 comment:

acwilliams said...

Hey Becca. I wandered over from lindsey's blog and saw that you guys are expecting again. congratulations! Hope you're doing well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Baby

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Analytics