Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day 8

Don't get me started on The Party Dress.  I would just throw parties if they all looked like the parties on here.  Cupcake holders are like, $1 & the styrofoam ball is like..60 cents.  You could make a ton of these for super cheap!  Anyway, this isn't really from The Party Dress, that's just where I found it, and I liked their format better than the original source, which is the VERY creative Kara's Party Ideas.   Make these and send me pictures of your gorgeous creations!


 kara\Pomander Tutorial

When I saw this sweet pomander centerpiece (made completely out of cupcake liners!) over on Kara’s Party Ideas, I knew I had to show it to you!  It’s the perfect centerpiece for a Valentine’s Day party, or for a kid’s birthday party!  In fact, I am TOTALLY going to give this a try for one of my upcoming parties!
Kara was nice enough to provide step-by-step instructions on how to make these:
  1. Gather your materials: Cupcake liners {any color or style}, a styrofoam ball, a glue gun, and pins
  2. Take 2 cupcake liners and stick a pin through the center of them…
  3. Fold/scrunch the 2 liners around the pin like so…
  4. Put a dab of hot glue on the tip of the liners…
  5. Insert the pin into the styrofoam ball…Push the pin all the way into the styrofoam so the cupcake liners are securely glued to the ball…Carefully open the liners making sure the pin is all the way inserted into the styrofoam. If it isn’t, push it all the way in….
  6. Repeat until the whole ball is covered with lovely cupcake liners! Attach fishing line or a ribbon to hang! {For this particular pom pom I left a space uncovered so I could set the ball on a large glass candlestick}…
Head on over to Kara’s Party Ideas to see the Vintage Valentine’s Day table she used these pomanders on….it’s very cute!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Love this! On a very unrelated note, I found a book online today that has gift ideas that you can make, which reminded me of this for some reason, but love this stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Baby

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Analytics