Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Year of 25 Things



I'm 25 today!  In the new year I had the desire for goals.  It seems like last year I didn't have a single personal goal since we were mostly just focused on getting a job, and while a lot of things got done, I wanted to have goals for this year.  Turning 25 jump started me on writing my goals down, so for My Year of 25 Things (from 2/22/11 - 2/22/12), the list is below.  Some things like have the baby, and go swimming, are givens on what will happen in year-25, which doesn't really make them goals, so I didn't put them on here.  When I accomplish any of them, I'll post about doing them.  For my birthday I received the Porter Rockwell book from my sister-in-law, Kim, so I'm starting that today!


1 - Try fondant again
2 - Make petit fours
3 - Run a race (doesn't matter how long, i just like running in them)
4 - Begin & finish my booklist (below).
5 - Work on a book
6 - Learn how to take better pictures
7 - Start painting/sketching again
8 - Go rock climbing at least 5 times (once must be outside)
9 - Throw on the wheel again (pottery wheel)
10 - Re-uphostler something in the house
11 - Make some kind of silhouette something (pillows, cards, framed pictures...)
12 - Teach P all of the lessons in the nursery manual
13 - Sing at an open-mic-night
14 - Read the sunday school lesson every week (whether I'm going to be there or not)
15 - Work on my knowledge of the spanish language & use it in some way every day
16 - Know more about the world (read the international news, etc)
17 - Get SAT word flash cards and increase my vocabulary (today's word: bourgeois = middle class)
18 - Hide a vegetable in at least 3 meals a week (squash in mac & cheese)
19 - Read one lesson a week in Teaching: No Greater Call
20 - Do something with dancing (I know that's ambiguous, but I don't really know what to do--I love it, but don't have access to a dance class right now, so SOMETHING is the best I can do at this point in time...)
21 - Set apart a specific time of the day/week to dedicate myself more to the quilt shop I do tech stuff for
22 - Learn to surf
23 - Write in one of the following journals every day: mine, P's, or E's.
24 - When E's born (or now), start taking a picture a day of each P & E in the same spot (really just up against a white wall)
25 - Have a post on the blog every weekday.
Bonus: Watch more documentaries


Books
1 - New Porter Rockwell Book (started today, 2/22/11)
2 - President Monsons's biography
3 - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
4 - The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Bartlett
5 - The Emperor's Code by Michael Smith
6 - All N.E. Bode's books (they're kid's books)
7 - Piggy-back Rides & Slippery Slides by Lynnae Allred
8 - The Private Lives of Impressionsts by Sue Roe
9 - The Magical Year of Thinking by Joan Didion
10 - Fordlandia by Greg Grandin
11 - Codex by Lev Grossman
12 - The Child Thief by Brom
13 - The Awesome Power of Married Love by Truman G. Madsen
14 - Evil Plans by Hugh MacLeod
15 - The Eternal Christ by Truman G. Madsen
16 - The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells
17 - Warp by Lev Grossman
18 - The Magicians by Lev Grossman
19 - Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder 
20 - The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer (don't judge me that I haven't read this yet)
21 - The Nicholas Flamel Series (Trilogy?) by Michael Scott
22 - Salt: A World History
23 - The Help by Kathryn Stockett
24 - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
25 - Isaiah for Airheads by John Bytheway
Bonus: Re-read Jesus The Christ by James E. Talmage
                        The Mortal Messiah by Bruce R. McConkie 
                        Lectures on Faith by Joseph Smith Jr.
                        The Gateway We Call Death by Russell M. Nelson
                       The Enoch Letters by Neal A. Maxwell
             Finish To Draw Closer to God by Henry B. Eyring

1 comment:

Rene' said...

These are fabulous things to do this year!! I'd like to so many of them with you, others I don't have any idea how! I was surprised to see you want to do something with Spanish and not French. I've never heard of The Awesome Power of Married Love, but want to read it, too. You're wonderful, Rebecca!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Baby

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Analytics